Transfer Station-Recycling Center/Dump


Transfer Station is located at 4952 Warner Road in Geneseo. Anyone who owns property in the towns of Groveland or Geneseo may utilize the center with the proper permit.

Hours of Operation – Wednesdays from 4:30 -7:00 PM Saturdays 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM  - Phone: 243-1544 for closings during holidays.

A $45 user permit allows unlimited use for recycling items for each fiscal year. Can only be purchased at the Town Clerk’s office in the town you live in. Recyclable items include: Do not have to be sorted - they get laser sorted

  • All plastics - #’s 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (No Styrofoam) Must be clean and flattened if possible
  • Aluminum
  • Tin
  • Clear, brown and green glass(no blue, red or frosted glass)
  • Cardboard – which includes box board and fiberboard
  • Newspaper, magazines, office mix, phone books, junk mail should be in brown paper bags or tied with string and placed in the separate newspaper trailer.

Punch Cards are $20 for 20 punches, to be purchased at the Groveland Town Clerk's office. If you still have coupon booklets they do not expire but recommend using up before use of the punch card.


Unit Pricing: See pricing list January 30, 2023

  • $1.00 (1 ticket)/bag (small kitchen garbage bag)
  • $3.00 (3 tickets)/bag (30 gal garbage bag)
  • $6.00 (6 tickets)/55 gal drum
  • $1.00 /cu. ft. loose refuse

Some Electronics free to dispose 

For a complete list of goods and pricing (click here)  or contact the Town Clerk’s office at 585-243-1750.



GLOW, located in Batavia, accepts hazardous materials on an annual basis (usually in the spring). You can reach GLOW at 344-2580, X5463 for more information.


Effective October 14, 2009, open burning of residential waste will be prohibited in all communities statewide. This means Groveland too.(The previous law prohibited open burning only in towns with a population of over 20,000.) Prohibited residential wastes include garbage, plastic, colored paper (such as gift wrap and paper plates), bleached paper (such as paper towels, paper napkins, and computer paper), painted wood, pressure treated wood, disposable diapers, and similar. These items give off dangerous chemicals when burned such as arsenic, benzene, formaldehyde, lead, and hydrogen cyanide. Exceptions include tree limbs and branches, small campfires, ceremonial or celebratory bonfires, barbecue grills and other outdoor cooking devices, maple sugar operations, on site burning of organic agricultural wastes, fire training, and open fires necessary to control invasive plant and insect species.

To see the entire law go to -



To report unlawful burning (click here)


[Town Clerk] [Birth Certificates] [Dog] [Death] [Hunt_Fish] [Marriage] [Election] [Geneology] [Accessible] [FOI] [Notary] [Refuse]
[Home] [Calendar] [Newsletters] [Town Offices] [Planning & Zoning] [Highway Dept] [Town Clerk] [Assessor] [Code Enforcement] [Town Court] [Town Board] [Tax Collection] [Historian] [About Us] [Agricultural Farmland Protection & Land Use Plan] [Public Notices] [Bicentennial] [Water] [Power Outage]