All deaths that occur in the Town of Groveland are filed with the Town Clerk. Our death records go back to 1881. Certified copies are provided for $10 per copy (cash or check/money order payable to: Groveland Town Clerk) to an eligible person or family member. Application forms are available from the Town Clerk's office.
A certified copy or a certified transcript of a death certificate may be issued only:
- To the spouse, parent or child of the deceased;
- To the lawful representative of the spouse, parent or child of the deceased;
- To a person with a New York State Court Order issued on a showing of necessity for the confidential medical information;
- By a municipal, state or federal agency specifically requesting the confidential medical information for official purposes. (click here for the application)
- Questions regarding Dual Citizenship please refer to the State’e website for answers https://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/dualcitizenship.htm