Certified Copy: $10
All births that occurred in the Town of Groveland are filed with the Town Clerk and a birth certificate is issued. Our birth records go back to 1827. A certified copy of a birth certificate is available for $10 (cash, check or money order payable to: Groveland Town Clerk) to an applicant eligible to receive it. Application forms are available from the Town Clerk's office.
A certified copy or a certified transcript of a birth certificate may be issued only: (Available Here)
- To the person named on the birth certificate, if 18 years of age or older;
- To the parents of the person named on the birth certificate;
- To the lawful representative of the person named or the parents of the person named on the birth certificate;
- To a person with a New York State Court Order;
- To a municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes.
- The applicant must provide a driver's license as proof of identification. If a driver's license is not available the following may be presented:
- State issued non-driver's license identification card;
- Military identification card;
- Employer's photo identification card;
- Police report documenting the applicant's name, address and theft or loss of positive identification.
- Questions regarding Dual Citizenship please refer to the State’e website for answers https://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/dualcitizenship.htm